This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond® Nut-Thins, and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
I’m excited to share this healthy, delicious appetizer/meal idea with you today!
This snack board is a spin on a traditional cheeseboard. Instead of mostly meat and cheese, I like to load my snack board up first with lots of fresh fruits and veggies, then fill in the gaps with meat, cheese, and crackers.
Besides being a healthy appetizer, this would be such a fun picnic lunch (you can pack all of the components in separate containers!). Or you could do a fun living room floor picnic, complete with a picnic blanket and big tray of snack foods. All you need is an assortment of fruits, veggies, nuts, meat (if desired), cheese and crackers.
For crackers, I used Blue Diamond ® Nut-Thins, which I LOVE. They’re made with Blue Diamond ® Almonds and brown rice and are wheat-free and gluten-free. They’re crispy like a chip, but sturdy enough for dips. They taste delicious and are free of artificial flavors.
Here’s how I made my snack board:
First, I loaded the board with all of the fruits and veggies in my fridge. I think it’s great to start out this way because you can fill up on tons of nutrients from fresh fruit and veggies. My motto is: unlimited veggies and (almost) unlimited fruits!
I used grapes, strawberries, blueberries, and cherries
Other ideas: other berries, apple slices (cut right before serving)
I used red pepper strips, carrots, broccoli
Other ideas: snap peas, cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes
I used red pepper hummus!
Other ideas: ranch dressing, salsa, guacamole (prepare right before serving)
Then, fill the remaining space with crackers, nuts, meat (if desired), and cheese
Meat, Cheese, Crackers, and Nuts
I used honey maple turkey, Nut-Thins, raw organic cheddar, and cashews & almonds
Other ideas: Any types of cheese (gouda, gruyere, brie, etc.), prosciutto or ham, pita chips, etc.
I love making a mini version of this concept for a snack-y lunch or dinner with just one type of crackers, cheese, maybe some turkey, and a fruit and a veggie. I can fill a plate and graze on it, which I love because 1) it’s a big plate of delicious food and 2) it’s still a light and healthy meal!
If you try out this healthy snack board idea, let me know in a comment or take a photo and tag me @livbane on Instagram! I’d love to see!
How to Make the Ultimate Snack Board
- 3 cups fruits: grapes, berries, cherries, apple slices*, etc.
- 3 cups veggies: red pepper strips, carrots, broccoli, snap peas, cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup dip: Hummus, ranch dressing, salsa, guacamole*
- 1/2 lb. meat: Deli turkey, prosciutto, ham, etc.
- 1/2 lb cheese: Cheddar, gouda, gruyere, etc.
- 1/2 cup nuts of choice (I used almonds and cashews)
- 8-12 oz. crackers: I use Blue Diamond Nut-Thins
- Wash and dry fruits (grapes, berries, cherries, sapple) and veggies (red pepper strips, carrots, broccoli, snap peas, cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes). Chop fruits and veggies into strips or cut in half, if needed.
- Pile fruits and veggies on a cutting board, cheese board, or even a baking sheet. Fill several small bowls with dip (hummus, ranch dressing, salsa, guacamole) and distibute them across the board.
- Fill in remaining areas with meat (deli turkey, prosciutto, ham), cheese, nuts, and crackers. Enjoy!
You can find Nut-Thins near you using this handy product locator!