In honor of Cinco de Mayo coming up this weekend, I’ve gathered some of my favorite Mexican recipes from the blog for some meal planning inspiration! I’m halfway through spring law school finals, so I’ll be doing lots of studying this weekend, but I plan to at least make some sweet potato nachos ASAP.
I make no claims that these are all authentic Mexican recipes because I’m no expert on traditional Mexican food, but I can vouch that they’re delicious, Mexican-inspired, and simple. I even made most of these recipes in my dorm kitchen back in the day! I originally shared this post in 2018 and updated it for 2019.
Here are some other ideas for your weekend, too (you can click on each photo or the link underneath)!
- 1 Sides & Dips
- 2 The Best Homemade Guacamole
- 3 Homemade Slow-Cooker Refried Beans
- 4 Main Dishes
- 5 Five-Ingredient One-Pan Mexican Quinoa
- 6 Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos
- 7 Baked Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 8 Hearty Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 9 Cheese-Stuffed Salsa Chicken
- 10 Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti Squash Bowls
- 11 Mexican Skillet Chicken with Easy Black Bean Sauce
- 12 Chicken Enchilada Veggie Bowls
- 13 Spaghetti Squash Burrito Bowls
- 14 Dressed-Up Black Beans & Rice
Sides & Dips
Wow, so many of my favorite recipes all in one post! Hope you have a great Cinco de Mayo! What’s on your menu? Feel free to drop links to your favorite Mexican recipes below!