These honey-glazed pecans are naturally sweetened and have just five ingredients, so they’re super simple to make!
It’s happening- my senior year of college is about to start! I moved into my dorm last weekend, and while I was driving to campus, I got surprisingly nostalgic thinking about the past three years: meeting lots of people, starting my blog, being an RA for two years, finding a great community and friends on campus, and lots of other great memories.
There have been some tough parts of college, too, like not having easy access to a car, cooking all of my meals in a shared dorm kitchen, working late nights with really early wake-up calls the next morning, sharing two bathrooms with 50 other girls, etc. But I know those things are all super temporary, and I’ll cherish the memories great parts of college forever, like living within a mile of all of my closest friends and being able to spontaneously show up at each other’s doors whenever we want to chat, go to dinner, or just eat ice cream together.
And one of the unexpectedly really fun parts of college for me has been writing this food blog! I love getting to share my life and recipes with all of you.
My mom taught me how to make candied nuts to add to salads when I was little, and recently, I’ve started making candied nuts with cinnamon and honey instead of the traditional white sugar method.
Here’s what they look like before the oven…
And here’s what they look like after- crispy, sweet, and just a little salty.
These honey-glazed pecans seem super decadent, but there’s less than a teaspoon of honey per 1/4 cup serving of nuts, or even less than that for a sprinkle of nuts atop a salad.With such a simple ingredient list (nuts, honey, salt, cinnamon, and water- that’s it!), these honey-glazed pecans are easy enough to make even in a dorm kitchen. Next up, I’m planning to share a summer salad + dressing recipe that’s perfect for these nuts.
If you make these honey-glazed pecans, feel free to let me know in a comment or take a picture and tag me @livbane on Instagram. Hope you enjoy!
Simple Honey-Glazed Pecans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups pecans, roughly chopped (walnuts or almonds also work well)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cinnamon, salt, honey, and water. Add chopped nuts and stir until they're evenly coated. Spread nuts onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes, until nuts have just slightly darkened. (Make sure to keep an eye on the time because they can quickly go from perfectly toasted to burnt.)
- Let nuts cool completely on the baking sheet, and then sprinkle on a salad or eat for snacks. Store in a ziplock bag or storage container at room temperature for up to a week, or freeze for up to 2-3 months.
Pin for later: