Giant clusters of sweet and salty homemade peanut butter granola with optional peanuts, peanut butter chips, or chocolate chips for mix-ins!
If you love peanut butter like I do, I have THE snack/breakfast/dessert recipe for you today. This peanut butter granola recipe calls for both peanut butter in the granola, plus salted peanut mix-ins.
This peanut butter granola is almost like eating a peanut butter oatmeal cookie, and the ingredient list is short and sweet with just oats, peanut butter, honey, salt, a pinch of cinnamon, and salted peanuts. And it’s hard to go wrong adding peanut butter chips, mini peanut butter cups, dark or semisweet chocolate chips, or even coconut flakes (one of my favorite granola mix-ins).If you don’t love peanut butter, I recommend making my favorite kitchen sink granola recipe instead. But if you’re like me and LOVE peanut butter (as in, I had peanut butter oatmeal for breakfast, a peanut butter chocolate chip Larabar for an afternoon snack, and a couple of handfuls of this granola after dinner), this is the recipe for you.
I think most things taste better homemade, but I think homemade granola especially tastes better when it’s homemade. I can customize it exactly how I like it. (No quinoa, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds allowed! Those have a place, but not in my granola.)
This peanut butter granola was a hit with my whole family and we’ve been snacking on it constantly for the past few days. I made two test batches to get the taste/consistency/clusters just right, and both batches are already almost gone. When it comes out of the oven, this granola is in one giant cluster, so you can break it up into clusters as big or small as you’d like.
It’s delicious over yogurt, and the peanut butter granola + banana + yogurt combo is pretty irresistible, although my favorite way to enjoy granola is by the handful. I freeze my granola to maintain its utmost freshness, and frozen granola tastes even better to me. Any way you make this…you’re gonna love it.
If you try out this peanut butter granola, feel free to let me know in a comment or take a picture and tag me @livbane on Instagram. Hope you enjoy!
Healthy Peanut Butter Granola
- Chocolate chips, coconut flakes, mini peanut butter cups, peanut butter chips, etc.
- In a small or medium mixing bowl, stir together oats, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a small, microwave safe-bowl or measuring cup, heat honey and peanut butter together in microwave for about 20 seconds, or until softened.
- Pour peanut butter and honey mixture over oats, add peanuts, and stir to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread oat mixture out in a single layer. Press oats together firmly with a spoon or spatula (this will help it stick together in clusters).
- Bake at 325 for 20-23 minutes, using a spoon or spatula to flip pieces halfway through (don't intentionally break up the clusters). Bake until granola is starting to lightly brown. Remove baking sheet from oven and press granola down and together (to help form clusters), then leave it to cool.
- Once cooled, add any additional mix-ins like chocolate chips, coconut flakes, mini peanut butter cups, or peanut butter chips Break into large clusters and enjoy! For optimal freshness, store in a ziploc bag or air-tight container for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to several months.
Adapted from this recipe
Pin for later: