These healthy raw cookie dough bites taste just like balls of chocolate chip oatmeal cookie dough. And aside from a small sprinkle of mini chocolate chips (3 tablespoons for an entire batch), they contain no refined sugar!
Have you ever seen a picture of food that looks delicious, become skeptical when you looked at the ingredient list and then decided to make it, anyway? That’s exactly what happened when I saw this recipe on the Kitchn, but I decided to make it anyway with a couple of small adaptations and I’m so glad I did.
They’re delicious and a really convenient snack to keep around, although I enjoyed them for dessert, too. I kid you not, a single-batch of a dozen of these raw vegan cookie dough bites vanished from my kitchen at home in less than 48 hours.
They have just 6 ingredients, not including salt, and I’m willing to bet you have almost all of the ingredients in your pantry right now. The base of the cookie dough bites is raw cashews and oats, and then they’re sweetened with a little splash of maple syrup for an unrefined sweetener.
Unlike my favorite coconut brownie energy bites, this recipe doesn’t call for dates, so it’s a little more convenient since I don’t always have those on hand.Making these cookie raw vegan cookie dough bites takes just about 5 minutes. First, add the raw cashews, oats, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl of a food processor. My food processor came with a mini bowl attachment, which is what I used since a single batch is pretty small.
Pulse the ingredients until they resemble coarse crumbs and then drizzle in the maple syrup and vanilla extract. Continue pulsing until the mixture comes together, and then form the dough into about one dozen balls.
I don’t happen to eat a vegan or gluten-free diet, but as an added bonus for some of you who do, these cookie dough bites happen to be both vegan friendly and gluten-free if you use certified gluten-free oats.If you try out the recipe, I’d love for you to leave a comment or take a picture and tag me @livbane on Instagram. Hope you enjoy it!
Raw Vegan Cookie Dough Bites
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Pulse cashews, oats, salt, and cinnamon in a food processor until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add maple syrup and vanilla extract and process until the mixture completely comes together in one large ball. Add mini chocolate chips and pulse several times to combine.
- Roll cookie dough into about 18 tablespoon-sized balls. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge or pantry for up to 2 weeks (I prefer them cold) or freezer for up to 2 months.
Use vegan chocolate chips to make the bites vegan.
Lightly adapted from this recipe