These 4-ingredient no bake peanut butter energy bites are simple and made with wholesome ingredients that you probably have in your pantry. Plus, they taste like cookie dough! I’ve been dying to share this recipe for no-bake peanut butter energy bites with you because they’re healthy, easy, and delicious! They’re so simple that I have all of the ingredients in my dorm room already, and that’s saying something.
In case you need some more convincing…
-They taste like PEANUT BUTTER OATMEAL COOKIE DOUGH. But they also happen to be healthy.
-You don’t have to use your oven or stove! Hallelujah because this college girl’s only kitchen access is the shared dorm kitchen.
-They’re perfect for popping right before a workout, sticking one or two in your lunchbox, or eating as a late-night snack.
-They stay good forever in the freezer and they taste awesome frozen.
-Did I mention these peanut butter energy bites only have 4 ingredients?
First, measure out oats, peanut butter, honey, and mini chocolate chips. I was feeling adventurous, so I added ground hemp seeds, too, like some kind of hippie health nut, but I couldn’t taste them. Promise. Other people tried these bites and had no idea that they had a secret ingredient, so unless they read this post, they’ll never know!
You could also add chia seeds, ground flax seeds, wheat bran, or your other strange health ingredient of choice. Stir it all up and marvel that it looks like cookie dough! At this point, some taste-testing is probably necessary for quality assurance purposes, of course.
If the dough is sticky, you can refrigerate it for a couple hours or even pop it into the freezer for 30 minutes.Shape the dough into 2 dozen or so balls, and then refrigerate for about an hour before enjoying.
To store the energy bites, you can place them in a container or gallon-size bag and stash them in your fridge or freezer.
I’ll be making these peanut butter energy bites again soon, and I’ll be doubling the recipe when I do!
If you try these peanut butter chocolate energy bites, feel free to let me know in a comment or take a picture and tag me @livbane on Instagram! I’d love to see!
4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Bites
- 3/4 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 3/4 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup honey (or slightly more if needed to bind mixture together)
- 1/3 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips (I used mini)
- Optional: 1/4 cup wheat bran, hemp seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, or hemp seeds
- If using refrigerated peanut butter, add peanut butter to a medium microwave-safe mixing bowl and microwave for 20-30 seconds, until the peanut butter is less solid. Let the peanut butter cool so it won't melt the chocolate.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir for 2-3 minutes until fully combined. At this point, if the dough is very sticky, you can refrigerate it for an hour or pop it in the freezer for 20 minutes to slightly firm up.
- Line a baking dish or rimmed cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. Using a cookie scoop, spoon, or your hands, form the dough into about 24 tablespoon-sized balls and place in a single layer on the baking dish or cookie sheet. Refrigerate for an hour or freeze for at least 20 minutes before transferring to a storage bag so the balls will hold their shape.
- To store, place energy bites in a Ziploc bag or storage container. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
There are a million similar energy bite recipes for inspiration online so I’m not sure of an original source, but I mixed & matched the ingredients for my perfect ratios of oats, peanut butter, honey, & chocolate chips