These balsamic roasted carrots are crispy and seriously addictive– a perfect side for Thanksgiving or any day
Can you believe there are only three days until Thanksgiving?! Hopefully it’s not too late to add these balsamic roasted carrots to your menu. They’re crispy and garlicky with just a hint of balsamic flavor and they’re so simple to make. The prep work only takes about 10 minutes, which means they’re a quick side for Thanksgiving. Not that these are limited to Thanksgiving– they’re a delicious side dish any day. And I think the whole carrots make a really pretty presentation.
First, wash the carrots well. No need to peel! Halve any extra-thick carrots lengthwise and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet for easy clean-up. Season carrots with a bit of cooking oil, balsamic vinegar, black pepper, and salt and then bake at 375 for 335 to 40 minutes.I’m not a fan of some traditional Thanksgiving foods like stuffing, cranberry sauce, or pumpkin pie, but I always love the spread our family puts together. This year, we’re making:
-Gravy & dressing
-These balsamic roasted carrots
–Homemade mac ‘n’ cheese
-Fresh green beans
-A healthier sweet potato casserole adapted from this recipe
–Healthy apple crisp
I’m excited to eat a little bit of everything! And I’m even more excited to see all of our family members who are coming in town on Tuesday afternoon. My aunt, uncle, & cousins are driving here from Georgia and my grandparents are flying here from Arkansas. I love when our whole family’s together since it happens just once or twice a year.
Oh! And Gilmore Girls is coming back on Friday. So many things to look forward to. I have two more days of classes, but I’m counting down the hours until I drive home Tuesday afternoon…and sleep in my own bed..and snuggle with my dog…and see all of my family…and eat all of the delicious food. Ahhhh, I can’t wait!If you try out these balsamic roasted carrots, feel free to let me know in a comment or take a picture and tag me @livbane on Instagram. Hope you enjoy!
Balsamic Roasted Carrots
- 1 pound whole carrots
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil safe for high heat (I use avocado or grapeseed oil )
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Wash carrots thoroughly and cut off tops– no need to peel them. Dry with a paper towel or clean dish towel. For even cooking, halve or even quarter the thicker carrots so each carrot is roughly the same thickness.
- Place in single layer on parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle on garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40-50 minutes, depending on thickness, until tender and starting to slightly crisp. Sprinkle with fresh parsley, if using, and serve immediately.
Questions for you:
Will you be watching Gilmore Girls?!
What’s on your Thanksgiving menu this year?
What are your favorite Thanksgiving foods?
We always make mac and cheese, which is one of my favorite all-time foods, plus I love any kind of roasted veggies.
Pin for later: