These healthy no-bake brownies are topped with chocolate ganache and they’re a decadent, satisfying treat made with whole ingredients. They also happen to be naturally gluten-free!
Now that it’s February, I figured it’s time to share these amazing, healthy no-bake brownies in time for Valentine’s Day!
I developed this recipe by adapting this brownie energy bite recipe and adding a simple chocolate ganache on top. OH my word. I love these no-bake brownies for so many reasons:
1. They’re really satisfying. While I love regular brownies, they’re not super filling, so I could easily eat five. These, though, are so rich and dense that just one is the perfect thing for my sweet tooth! Or maybe one and a half because I always play the game where I cut off just one more sliver… a bunch of times. But I only have to do that with these brownies a couple of times. 😉
2. They taste really decadent, without being overly sweet.
3. They’re made with whole ingredients like nuts and dates, so they’re filled with protein and healthy fats!
4. They’re free from refined sugar. I have a major sweet tooth, so I love finding ways to at least eat mostly natural/unrefined sugar, and I still try to use moderation so I don’t go overboard
5. They’re naturally gluten-free and grain-free, and they’re also dairy-free if you use dairy-free chocolate in the ganache, so they’re great for suiting lots of different dietary needs! All you have to do is blend the brownie ingredients together in your food processor until a semi-smooth dough forms. Press the batter into a baking sheet (parchment or wax paper makes clean-up even easier!), and place them in the fridge or freezer.
Then, whip up a simple chocolate ganache with chocolate, almond milk, and a tiny bit of coconut oil, spread it all over the brownies, and return them to the fridge or freezer for at least 30 minutes before enjoying.
These raw brownies taste best when kept in the refrigerator or even the freezer.
I hope you get a chance to make healthy no-bake brownies these for Valentine’s Day (or any day) for a great friend or a special someone!
And if you’re single this Valentine’s Day, I hope you get to spend some time with great friends! This day is a great reason to get together with girlfriends to celebrate your love for each other and eat chocolate. Just stay off of social media (so many sappy couple posts!) and make these brownies. 😉
If you try these healthy no-bake brownies, feel free to let me know in a comment or take a picture and tag me @livbane on Instagram. Hope you LOVE them!
Healthy No-Bake Brownies with Chocolate Ganache
For the Brownies
- 2 cups medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
For the Ganache
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
For the Brownies
- Add all brownie ingredients to a food processor and combine on medium or high speed. The mixture will be crumbly at first, and then it will start to come together into a giant ball– stop the mixer at this point.
- Line a 8x8 inch baking dish with wax or parchment paper and press brownie mixture into pan. Place in refrigerator or freezer.
For the Ganache
- Add almond milk to a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, until piping hot. Immediately add dark chocolate chips and coconut oil and stir once. Let chocolate sit and melt as much as possible, and if needed, microwave for 15-20 more seconds, and stir until chocolate is fully melted.
- Take brownies out of fridge/freezer and spread ganache evenly across the top. Return brownies to fridge or freezer for at least 30 minutes, or until ganache and brownies fully set. Slice into 16 squares and enjoy!
- Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.
Brownie recipe adapted from my raw brownie bites
Pin for later: