This banana blueberry baked oatmeal is a healthy make-ahead breakfast to enjoy all week long!The first day of class is less than a week away! I’ve been back at UNC for nearly three weeks, and the first two weeks of that were training for my on-campus job, which meant long days…like 9am-8pm.
After a long day, the thing that sounds best to me is going home (err, back to my dorm room) and baking. Baking has always brought me such a calm and peaceful feeling. I used to mostly only bake decadent treats like my favorite soft chocolate chip cookies or these (world’s best!) white chocolate toffee bars to relax, but I’ve discovered in the past year or two that really any kind of baking feels super satisfying (although I do still love making treats!)
But if I make something like this banana blueberry baked oatmeal, it feels really productive, too, because my breakfasts for the rest of the week are all done! Baked oatmeal is definitely a cozy food for cooler weather, but I’ll happily eat it all year-round. And if I make it in the summertime, I can use all of the fresh berries that are available (although frozen would work well, too!) I’ve been on such a berry kick lately, though, and whenever I buy a quart of blueberries, it’s gone in about two days. Soooo good.
I always try to test each recipe at least twice before I post it on the blog, just to make sure it’s foolproof and to see if there are any ways to improve it, so the first time I made this banana blueberry baked oatmeal was when I was at home this summer. My mom tried it and said it’s almost like a blueberry muffin, and I completely agree! But I think it’s better than a muffin because it’s hearty, filling, and one serving is pretty large. I’d take this over a tiny lil’ muffin any day!
I’ll add scrambled eggs for a bigger, protein-packed breakfast or enjoy it by itself on days I’m not quite as hungry.
I just made a new batch yesterday and I can’t wait to enjoy it all week long as an easy, healthy dorm breakfast.
If you try this banana blueberry baked oatmeal, feel free to let me know in a comment or take a picture and tag me @livbane on Instagram. Hope you enjoy!
Easy Make-Ahead Banana Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the milk, honey, eggs, vanilla. Add liquid mixture to dry mixture in the bowl and stir to just combine. Drizzle in butter or coconut oil while stirring, then add mashed banana, blueberries, and nuts.
- Grease an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with butter or cooking spray. Pour oat mixture into pan and bake for 28-33 minutes or until the baked oatmeal is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in pan and serve, or refrigerate in a storage container for up to 5 days, reheating in microwave before serving.
A Healthy Liv original recipe
Nutrition info for 1/6 of recipe: 245 calories, 41g carbs, 8g fat, 7g protein, 18g sugar
Pin for later: