This banana blueberry baked oatmeal is a delicious, healthy make-ahead breakfast to enjoy all week long! It’s a fun change from a regular bowl of oatmeal, and a healthier option than a typical muffin or other other breakfast treat!
The first day of my senior year of college is less than a week away! I’ve been back at UNC for nearly three weeks, though, and have had two weeks of long training days for my on-campus job. After a long day, I love heading home (well, back to my dorm) and baking.
I used to mostly bake decadent treats like my favorite soft chocolate chip cookies, but I’ve discovered a love for healthy baking over the past couple of years.
And if I make something like this banana blueberry baked oatmeal, it feels really productive, too, because my breakfasts for the rest of the week are all done! Baked oatmeal is definitely a cozy food for cooler weather, but I’ll happily eat it all year-round. And if I make it in the summertime, I can use all of the fresh berries that are available (although frozen would work well, too!)
I’ve been on such a berry kick lately, though, and whenever I buy a pint of blueberries, it’s gone in about two days. Soooo good.
I always try to test each recipe at least twice before I post it on the blog, just to make sure it’s foolproof and to see if there are any ways to improve it, so the first time I made this banana blueberry baked oatmeal was when I was at home this summer. My family tried it and said it’s almost like a blueberry muffin, and I agree!
But I think it’s better than a muffin because it’s hearty, filling, and one serving is pretty large. I’d take this over a tiny lil’ muffin any day.
I’ll add scrambled eggs for a bigger, protein-packed breakfast or enjoy it by itself on days I’m not quite as hungry.
I just made a new batch yesterday and I can’t wait to enjoy it all week long as an easy, healthy dorm breakfast.
If you try this banana blueberry baked oatmeal, feel free to let me know in a comment or take a picture and tag me @livbane on Instagram. Hope you enjoy!
Easy Make-Ahead Banana Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the milk, honey, eggs, vanilla. Add liquid mixture to dry mixture in the bowl and stir to just combine. Drizzle in butter or coconut oil while stirring, then add mashed banana, blueberries, and nuts.
- Grease an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish with butter or cooking spray. Pour oat mixture into pan and bake for 28-33 minutes or until the baked oatmeal is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in pan and serve, or refrigerate in a storage container for up to 5 days, reheating in microwave before serving.
A Healthy Liv original recipe