Before coming to college, I was a bit apprehensive about having a roommate. I’d heard lots of roommate horror stories, but fortunately, I absolutely lucked out with having Shannon as my roommate.
Last spring, I signed up for a roommate match website that asked me questions like what time I go to bed (may’ve overestimated how much sleep I’d be getting in college), what hobbies I have (probably eating & running), and how neat I am (may’ve slightly exaggerated my neatness). I got matched with Shannon, and we always joke now that it felt like we were using an online dating site. She’s made my freshman year so much fun, and I’ll miss having her as my roommate next year when I’m an RA. There are so many things I love about Shannon, but here are just a few:
1. She considers bananas, peanut butter, and chocolate to be the three main food groups. Her snack of choice is always banana slices dipped in peanut butter and chocolate chips (eaten with a fork, naturally).
2. Her sense of direction is just as bad as mine. The first time we met each other, we went to the mall to shop and eat dinner at Chipotle. Afterwards, she had no clue she’d parked in the huge lot that wrapped around the mall, so we drove around in my car for a good 15 minutes looking for her car in the dark while it was pouring rain. It was then that I realized we were meant to be roommates.
3. When she wants to make sure she gets up and works out the next morning, she goes to bed in her workout clothes. GENIUS.
4. On that note, she can also rock a dinosaur onesie like no one’s business.5. She thinks I’m funny…and that takes a special sense of humor, for sure. She frequently laughs until she cries. See her little teardrop?6. She brought me ice cream from Kilwin’s (where she worked during high school) during the first week of college. She brought me coffee & moose tracks, and at that point, I had a veryyyy good feeling about this roommate thing.
7. She can power walk faster than an Olympian speed walker. Walking with her is actually faster than taking the bus, and it’s almost a workout by itself– I’ve actually started cramping up on our way to class!
8. And aside from all of those other wonderful qualities, she’s one of the friendliest, funniest, and sweetest people I know. Love you, Shan!
Questions for you:
Have you ever had a roommate? Do you have any fun roommate stories or horror stories?