Five-Ingredient One-Pan Mexican Quinoa
This one-pan Mexican quinoa is super easy to make– no chopping or sautéing, no cutting boards or mixing bowls to wash...just dump everything in the pan, let it cook, and enjoy!
Prep Time4 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 5 servings
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes with jalapeños or fire-roasted diced tomatoes, not drained
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Spices to taste: I used 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, & 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Toppings: guacamole, salsa, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, cheese, etc.
Add quinoa, water, and diced tomatoes to a medium skillet or saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil and reduce heat to simmer on medium-low, for 12-18 minutes or until quinoa is done (it "pops" open) and liquid is absorbed. Add an additional splash of water while cooking, if needed.
Stir in black beans, corn, lime juice, and spices to taste.
Spoon into bowls and serve warm with guacamole, salsa, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, cheese, etc.
Store leftovers in fridge for up to five days and serve warm or cold.
Calories: 308kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 4g | Fiber: 9g